Executive Director for Online and Professional Programs
Bowling Green State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Division: Graduate College
Opening Date: 11/08/2023
Location: Main Campus (BG), OH
Job Number: BGSU00269
Department: Graduate College
The Executive Director of Online and Professional Programs is a senior-level position that reports to the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate and Professional Programs at BGSU. The Executive Director will shape the future of online and professional programs and lead the enrollment strategy for BGSU Online. To achieve this, this position will collaborate with academic leadership, faculty, and staff to create scalable, innovative, high-quality, and learner-centered programs and courses. It is an onsite position, and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing a vision for online and professional education that aligns with BGSU’s mission, values, and strategic plan. Additionally, they will work with external partners to develop opportunities that meet the needs of regional corporate and public partners.
Executes a strategy for BGSU Online
Oversees communication strategies and recruitment strategies
Administers the summer academic session
Employs metrics and indicators to make data-informed decisions
Steers the operation of BGSU online
Other duties as assigned
The following Degree is required:
- Master’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Doctoral degree
The following Experience is required:
- 5 years experience working in online education
- 3 years of supervision experience
The following Experience is preferred:
- Experience setting and achieving enrollment and retention goals while improving student satisfaction and meeting program outcomes.
- Experience with learning management systems (LMS) and innovative educational technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad and detailed knowledge of higher education and project management principles
- Understanding of post-traditional and adult learners
- Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with University and external constituents
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of personnel, personal, and proprietary information, and discussions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within shifting priorities
- Ability to meet timely and critical deadlines
- Ability to view problems and solutions from multiple perspectives, e.g., student, faculty, administrators
- Well-developed strategic skills in higher education
- Strong professional communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to hire, train, supervise, and develop employees, including mentoring and performance coaching
- Skills with data analysis, including leveraging systems to extract information and create summary reports
- Budget management and fundraising skills
- Ability to navigate highly politicized environments
- Commitment to fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and to working with diverse student populations
- Complex project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft data-informed strategies and make informed decisions resulting in organizational growth.
- Track record of collaborative leadership and consensus building while working with multiple constituencies.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and to working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated understanding of accreditation standards, compliance requirements, and accessibility guidelines for online education.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘January 2, 2024′.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email email@example.com.