This position provides administrative support to a dynamic scientific community of the Division of Applied Mathematics which includes faculty, post docs, graduate students and visiting scholars, located at 170 Hope Street. The incumbent has the role of financial coordinator in Workday (processes purchases through Brown Buys, expense reimbursements, supplier invoices, and living allowances). Also, the incumbent serves as the primary administrative coordinator for this group as well as responsible for processing visa applications, organizing conferences and workshops, booking travel, assisting with grant administration tasks, and providing technical support. The coordinator also oversees building maintenance issues. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented, resourceful, organized, efficient, pro-active and self-motivated.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree with 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Administrative experience in an academic setting, preferred.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated with ability to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines and to successfully manage multiple priorities in a busy atmosphere.
- Ability to manage confidential materials.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software applications required; Word, Google surveys, and Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of Overleaf and an ability to edit websites or a willingness to learn new software a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty, and staff are driven by the idea that their work will impact the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break, and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts, and more.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Division of Applied Mathematics
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.