This position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Department of Health Services Policy and Practice in the School of Public Health. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day office operations, scheduling meetings, managing meeting agendas, responding to inquiries, organizing travel and processing expense reports for the investigators other leadership team members. The position is also responsible for processing financial transactions, coordinating signatures on financial documents, and preparing or assisting in preparing various financial or administrative reports. This position is responsible for maintaining current knowledge of, interpreting and applying, applicable University policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate must be personable, dependable, and have the ability to multitask.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 -2 years of experience as an office manager, office clerk, administrative assistant, front office manager, or similar role.
- Business or office-related financial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday is preferred, but not required.
Indicate the essential job competencies. Competencies are required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job successfully.
- Attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce reports, assign tasks, accept instructions and handle vendor contracts.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership ability to manage challenges or changes
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Working knowledge of mail processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google email and calendar functionality, with basic knowledge of computer troubleshooting skills
- Reliability and discretion
- A willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification that are satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Administrative & Financial Coordinator
School of Public Health Office of Finance and Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.