The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the Health and Wellness team serving the diverse student population at Brown.
This position provides administrative support to the Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) team. The administrative responsibilities include reception and phone coverage, appointment scheduling, faxing, scanning, copying, communication of information to clinical and administrative staff and assists with special projects as needed.
This is a per diem, term-limited position to assist with coverage as assigned. Assignment anticipated for 3 months. May be renewed based on business needs.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Administrative experience in an mental health or health care setting
- Minimum one-year mental health office experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Orientation towards quality customer service necessary
- Computer efficiency and experience with EHR preferred
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Additional Information: Please submit a resume and cover letter when applying for this position. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, please visit here for further information.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Counseling and Psychological Services
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.