The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to both the Director of Graduate Education Administration & Training Grant Support and the Training Grant Specialist within the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS). In this capacity the Administrative Coordinator will assist in scheduling and event planning, provide support for meetings and training initiatives led by the Director, assist with database and website maintenance and provide inter-office support. This position will also aid with training grant submissions and progress reports by gathering data, entering data into databases, updating existing data, and helping to complete and edit required data tables.
The incumbent will aid in the administration of two short-term summer training programs. In this role they will help manage training program applications, appointments and trainee data, schedule and coordinate seminars and program specific events, and assist Program Principal Investigator(s) in granting agency requirements.
Education and Experience
- Required: Associates degree or specialized training following high school graduation with 2-3 years administrative support experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Self-starter and well-organized to oversee and handle multiple tasks within time constraints.
- General knowledge of recordkeeping and principles of fiscal management.
- Strong computer skills (Word Processing, Excel, Filemaker Pro).
- Ability to multi-task and respond to interruptions while maintaining a positive attitude and demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as attention to detail a must.
- Due to cyclical nature of work, incumbent must be able to adapt to fluctuations in workload.
- Must be able to shift focus and priority in high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate to all program participants at all levels with tact and diplomacy. Must be able to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, early mornings, and/or weekends for special program events.
Background and Education Check Required
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.