The Alumni Travel and Learning Coordinator is responsible for developing and supporting the efforts of the Alumni Experiences team’s Alumni Travel program. The Coordinator manages travel details with partners, marketing, customer service for travelers, and pre-and post-trip evaluation. The Coordinator also contributes to the work of our Lifelong Learning program and works with others on the team to engage faculty and support a variety of on- and off-campus events focused on intellectual engagement. Under the leadership of the Associate Director for Experiential Learning, the Coordinator will assist in research related to travel vendors, travel destinations, and novel learning experiences. They will design and customize electronic surveys for each trip to retrieve data to analyze and provide proposed changes or pivots to the Associate Director.
They may have the responsibility to provide and supervise temporary staff and/or students offering high-level customer service to alumni travelers before, after, and sometimes during their trip.
Brown University is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion and equity. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Brown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in a related field such as fundraising, higher education, nonprofits, sales, customer service, volunteer management, project management, event planning, work in the educational travel industry, and/or marketing.
- Must be a creative self-starter with the ability to think strategically, possess superior people skills, and be able to juggle many highly sensitive issues and tasks at once all with a creative and innovative approach.
- Must have a proven record of being detail-oriented, and self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities to meet aggressive timelines, and challenging deadlines; while always keeping an eye toward the larger goals of all programs and services along with a demonstrated commitment to maintaining the highest standards.
- Must be able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google suite of tools, experience with web and email technology, experience using databases, ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with finesse in interacting with faculty, senior administration, and high-profile alumni. And a strong relationship builder who is diplomatic and has a talent for successful negotiation.
- This position requires an enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude with a creative and innovative approach to programming.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check and education check satisfactory to Brown. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Alumni Travel and Learning Coordinator
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.