The Associate’s primary responsibility is to assist in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Brown Annual Fund prospects and volunteers. This individual will provide direct support to gift officers and work cooperatively with the other members of the Annual Giving team and broader Advancement staff.
Brown University is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Brown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field such as support, customer service, development, nonprofit, fundraising, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, electronic mail and calendars, and Google suite of products that support high-level fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proofreading ability; must be able to communicate with multiple University constituencies.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit setting is highly desirable.
- Experience with database tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Creativity, motivation, and superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application. All offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Annual Leadership Giving Associate
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.