The Application Support Specialist will provide expertise and support during the implementation, continuous improvement, and ongoing usage of the department’s software systems primarily including Salute Safety and Cayuse IBC. The incumbent will serve as a resource to technical and non-technical users of the application. Perform project management activities that include planning, designing, implementing and maintaining business applications and computer systems. This position will help configure and develop the applications to meet the business needs of the EHS department and users across campus. This position will also look to streamline processes and procedures to support the technology needs of the department. This position will mainly focus on the sustainment of the Salute Safety and Cayuse systems and their improvement, processes and functionality. This position has an indirect reporting line to the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of experience providing information technology services, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with IT software systems required.
- Experience in setting up and configuring software applications to meet user specifications required.
- Experience working in business processes redesign; experience in a higher education or government organization, preferred.
- Experience with relational database systems and tools (e.g., SQL and SQL query tools such as Oracle SQL*Plus) and form development tools (e.g. HTML, XML) preferred
- Experience with data warehouse design and report writing preferred; e.g. Cognos or similar
- In depth knowledge of a variety of applications for batch and/or interactive systems, database management systems. Should be well versed in systems development methodology, project management techniques, and Web technology
- Strong technical abilities to troubleshoot, support, and maintain critical hardware/software components.
- Ability to design, develop and implement new system applications as appropriate, and to review, analyze and modify existing systems and programs as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills, including the ability to act professionally and cordially with customers and co-workers is required.
- Strong service orientation.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Solid institutional values.
- Dependability/Follow through.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
- Position may require systems support work outside of the normal M-F workday, especially when system upgrades and maintenance are being done.
- Position is hybrid eligible
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background check and education requirements.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Application Support Specialist
Environmental Health and Safety
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.