Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for Associate Equipment Room Manager position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
The Associate Equipment Room Manager will serve as the primary equipment contact and liaison for the Football program, encompassing all equipment ordering, inventory, equipment repair and organization. This role will provide care, laundering and accurate inventory for all Football athletic equipment and uniforms. Service the daily need and support for varsity football student-athletes and coaches. This role will direct all game day organization and set up for equipment-related needs for both home and away games. The Associate Equipment Room Manager is responsible for assisting with general equipment room operations and issuing and maintaining all athletic equipment for varsity sports.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years athletic equipment room experience, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
- Effective written and oral communication skills, preferred
- Hand coordination to repair equipment
- Certified Athletic Equipment Manager, preferred, or eligibility to become certified
- Experience with inventory control
- Computer knowledge helpful
- Valid driver’s license with experience driving a cargo van
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some travel
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to compliance with, NCAA, ECAC, Ivy and University rules and regulations
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test, maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Division), and attend all required divisional and/or NCAA training/education programs.
Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Associate Equipment Room Manager
Athletics and Recreation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.