Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for the Associate Head Athletic Trainer position, to start in January 2024. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
The Associate Head Athletic Trainer position has primary responsibility for managing the Athletic Training for the Football program and other assigned sports. The position will provide medical care and health education to ensure the safety of, reduce the risk of injury to, and guide the rehabilitation of Brown student-athletes under the guidance of the Director of Athletics – Sports Medicine. As an Associate Head Athletic Trainer, this position will also assist with the management of the sports medicine program, including assisting with supervision and direction of athletic training staff and administrative responsibilities.
Entry into the candidate pool requires the following:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of relevant athletic training experience required
- Experience with football required
- RI Athletic Training License required (to be obtained prior to hire date)
- NATABOC Certification required
- Maintain NATABOC Certification Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every reporting period, as required.
- Appropriate Emergency Cardiac Care certification as required by the BOC.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication and computer skills.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test, maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Division), and attend all required divisional and/or NCAA training/education programs.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Associate Head Athletic Trainer
Athletics and Recreation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.