Brown University Athletics is seeking candidates for the Assistant Coach, Club Squash position for the 2023-2024 season. This is a 10 month (July-May) part-time, varied hours, position that assists the Head Men’s & Women’s Squash Coach. The position includes coaching and assisting in recruiting (limited) and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules, video analysis and instruction, and completing compliance information.
Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-DI).
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching and assisting in recruiting.
- Administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules, video analysis and instruction, and completing compliance information.
- All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties.
- Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- High school Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of squash playing experience.
- Some prior squash coaching experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check – Criminal and Motor Vehicle Checks
Candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Coach, Club Squash
Athletics and Recreation
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.