This role is a part time, 11 month role that will assist the head coach and assistant coaches of a varsity sport in all aspects of coaching, including instruction of student-athletes, recruiting of prospective student-athletes, and all NCAA and Ivy League Conference administrative requirements. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching practice sessions, workouts, and competitions.
- Recruiting and identifying potential student-athletes
- Assists the Head Coach and Assistant Coach in the management of the overall program as directed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Collegiate, professional, high school, or club sports coaching experience, preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Familiarity with ARMS and Teamworks, or similar, preferred.
- Prior experience with video editing software, helpful.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game and ability to coach & motivate.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background, Education and DMV check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Coach, Women’s Lacrosse
Athletics and Recreation
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.