Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for Athletics Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
Assist the Head Coach of the Women’s Soccer in all phases of the Women’s Soccer Program. This includes recruiting coordination, primarily recruiting within the USSDA, coaching, and administrative duties. Assistant coach is responsible for assisting at practices and games, conditioning, scouting. Assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with students, staff, faculty and other members of the University. The position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top women’s soccer players to our Division I non-scholarship program.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- 2-4 years coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience).
- Competitive collegiate and/or professional playing experience, preferred.
- Soccer coaching license, preferred: NSCAA Regional, National Advanced National or Premier. USSF D,C,B or A.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Prior experience with video software, helpful.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game and ability to coach & motivate.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer
Athletics and Recreation
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.