The part-time Audience Services Coordinator plays a crucial role in ensuring patrons have a delightful and seamless experience from the moment they interact with the Department of Theatre Arts & Performance Studies (TAPS) at Brown University. This seasonal position will primarily work during the academic year, though the schedule is subject to change based on the Department’s schedule of events and programming. As the first point of contact for our audience, the position provides exceptional customer service, addresses inquiries, and supports ticketing and event-related operations, including box office and front of house.
The position’s dedication to delivering a positive and welcoming environment will contribute to the overall success of our events and help foster lasting connections with the Department’s patrons.
This is a part time fixed term position, subject to renewal based on the availability of funding.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree with 2-3 years of experience in customer service, event coordination, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in Front of House is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of ADA regulations and the importance of accessibility in event planning and customer service.
- Knowledge of industry standards and principles for emergency management, fire safety, crowd management, and general event safety.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-centric mindset.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities to handle multiple job responsibilities.
- Familiarity with ticketing/CRM systems. Experience with AudienceView is a plus.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work autonomously with attention to detail.
- Ability to remain composed and professional in high-pressure situations.
- Required to to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Current Rhode Island Crowd Management Certification, or a commitment to complete this Certification via the next available course.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty, and staff are driven by the idea that their work will impact the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break, and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts, and more.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Audience Services Coordinator
Department of Theatre Arts and Performance Studies
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.