The Bilingual Research Interviewer position will support the Survey Research Center (SRC) at the Brown University School of Public Health in conducting high quality survey research in English and Spanish. The SRC is dedicated to conducting survey research in partnerships with university and hospital-based faculty and administrators, state and local government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Research activities for this position will include recruitment, telephone interviews, mailed surveys, and in-person interviews. Interviews may be with children, adolescents, adults, seniors, and members of multiple cultural and ethnic groups. In addition, research activities may be conducted in multiple locations such as participants’ homes, health care settings, and community-based locations.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree plus 1-3 years of related experience, or equivalent education/work experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with human subjects’ research; in-person interviewing preferred, Bi-Lingual or Spanish preferred.
- Experience in using computers/technology, including competent use of MS Office products (Word, Excel) and databases plus willingness to learn new software applications and technologies; REDCap experience preferred.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish
- Excellent oral, telephone and written communication skills, especially one-on-one communication skills
- Good with people; ability to be at ease with strangers, culturally sensitive, and able to readily establish professional rapport
- Strong attention to detail, superior work ethic, professionalism, and organizational skills
- Ability to closely follow study protocol and enter data accurately
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effort to meet project goals
- Must provide own transportation to research site
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
This is a fixed term position with an end date of 2/1/2025, or 1 year from the hire date, which may be extended based upon available funding.
This is an in-person position.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Bilingual (Spanish) Research Interviewer
School of Public Health
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.