The BioMed Shared Services Director is responsible for managing BioMed’s Research Shared Services Office which is a critical interface between BioMed Research Administration (BMRA), other central offices, and investigators. Shared Services supports investigators in applying for sponsored programs and successfully executing sponsored awards. The Shared Services Director oversees, provides, and coordinates supplemental expertise and support for faculty, students, and departments in the areas of proposal preparation, responding to proposal review, and post‐award reporting for research sponsored programs. Additionally, the Shared Services Office provides support to other Departments’ research teams through training, managing periodic increases in their work, and providing coverage, when needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (e.g., MBA, MPA, Research Administration, Finance, or Accounting) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
- Pre and post award administration of externally funded grants and contracts required (academic or hospital setting preferred)
- Experience supervising staff, demonstrated skills in mentoring and training required
- Knowledge of sponsored project funding; knowledge of sponsored project accounting and reporting functions; knowledge of the award life cycle; experience with external audits required
- Knowledge of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards and policies of major foundations and non‐federal functions required
- Knowledge of University systems and policies highly desirable
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize in a high‐pressure, deadline driven environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline‐oriented environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to quickly analyze and assess complex and sometimes contradictory requirements and solve for compliance;
- Ability to use resources provided to develop exceptional practical knowledge base;
- Ability to gain trust and provide accurate and helpful information in a timely manner;
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Education and Criminal background check required.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
BioMed Shared Services Director
BioMed Research Administration
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.