Reporting to the Assistant Director, Real Estate, this position supports two critical functions within the Real Estate Office: 1) the position manages the daily building operations for Brown’s leased properties; primarily South Street Landing, 225 Dyer Street and other leased properties. The building manager will oversee coordination of internal and external resources and services at each location. This position develops procedures for coordinating and communicating building repairs and maintenance and follows through to ensure necessary work is completed, and acts as the single point of contact for all internal departments and occupants of each leased property to coordinate building repairs, space allocation and moves and other general building services such as IT, cleaning events, deliveries, etc.; and 2) working in conjunction with others in the Real Estate office, the position supports property and project management functions in support of commercial real estate and auxiliary housing activity.
This is a 100% onsite position.
– Ensure that the South Street Landing and the Brown leased premises in greater Providence are well maintained and building common areas are maintained to appropriate standards as outlined in the condominium documents and leases and in conjunction with the operating budget.
– Support property and project management functions for commercial real estate and auxiliary housing properties.
– Manage and coordinate internal Brown operations and services within South Street Landing and PVD area leased properties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus greater than 3 years of facility or property management or other relevant managerial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of building systems and building service contracts.
- Basic understanding of construction practices and project management skills.
- Strong planning, management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a strong client service orientation; should be extremely customer focused on both internal and external customers and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Flexible with a high sense of accountability and responsibility
- Be able to work independently, be proactive and take initiative
- Willingness to be available on weekends or evenings when/if necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Spanish proficiency strongly desired
- Demonstrates ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Background check satisfactory to Brown University
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services, and Real Estate
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.