Performs routine duties associated with cage sanitation and preparation for reuse in a research setting including cage maintenance, monitoring equipment for proper functioning and maintaining sanitary conditions and daily records. Operates washers and ensures that cage washing and related equipment are in proper working order by cleaning, and preventive maintenance. Perform routine start-up and shut down procedures of all cage wash machines. Operates autoclave to sterilize or decontaminate caging equipment. Assist in receiving and storing materials, food and supplies. Transport caging supplies between animal rooms and cage wash rooms. Maintain sanitary conditions of cage washing rooms and other ancillary areas, such as hallways and storage areas. Take the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards and other applicable federal and state regulations, when working with hazardous chemicals, materials, animals and power equipment. Use personal protective equipment as required. Perform related responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred: AALAS Certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level.
- Preferred: 1-2 year’s related experience working with cage wash and/or animals in a laboratory or clinical setting.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Excellent organizational, time management and recordkeeping skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to work and contribute effectively in a team setting.
Education and Criminal Background check is required.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Cage Wash Technician
Center for Animal Resources and Education
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.