Facilities Management is an exceptionally talented team built from a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality craftsmanship, customer service, and teamwork through sustainable practices and who take pride in supporting the mission of the University and Facilities Management “We Care” principle values.
The Planning, Design + Construction team is seeking a motivated graduate with strong research, computer graphics, drafting, space planning, test fit, data collection and analysis, programming and/or photography skills to support the Planning and Project Management Team. The position offers ample opportunity to gain insights into campus planning, design and project management, space, campus and comprehensive planning, place-making conceptual design and project management and procedures support.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Strong research and photography skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in current versions of relevant software such as AutoCAD, 3D software, Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, PowerPoint, MS Word, Google Cloud suite and Excel
- Familiarity with data collection and analysis
- Ability to observe and understand relevant site conditions as it pertains to potential projects
- Interest in project management process, architecture, design and project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
This position is hybrid eligible. This is a 1 year fixed-term position.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background check and education requirements.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Campus Planning & Design Coordinator
Facilities Management and Campus Operations
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.