Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for the Manager, Athletics Communication position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
The Manager, Athletics Communications is responsible for leading the office of Athletics Communications in day-to-day operations, and all public relations, communications, and media efforts for Brown’s 34 varsity programs. Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics, Strategic Communications, this position will develop and manage the work standards of the unit, oversee the management of social media channels, graphic design efforts and serve as the strategic communication team’s representative in the External Relations unit.
This role is also responsible for providing communications-related services for assigned varsity sports in collaboration with the marketing and multi-media units, including but not limited to general stories, game stories, statistics, box scores, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 6 years’ experience in athletics communications programs including supervising employees; non-athletics related communication experience will be considered; good understanding of applicable NCAA and Ivy League conference rules.
- Familiarity with web content management systems
- Knowledge of tools and marketing practices for measuring success of engagement efforts (marketing position)
- Proficiency with basic image manipulation and graphic design experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated experience managing Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms for higher education, business, political or other clients
- Familiarity with the Google Suite and Constant Contact or other related products and services
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test, maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Division), and attend all required divisional and/or NCAA training/education programs.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Athletics and Recreation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.