Facilities Management is an exceptionally talented team built from a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality craftsmanship, customer service, and teamwork through sustainable practices and who take pride in supporting the mission of the University and Facilities Management “We Care” principle values.
Performs skilled journeyman level work. This position also will perform inspection, testing, servicing, and maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic, electronic, and electrical controls for heating, air conditioning, and related equipment. This position is considered essential. Personnel may be required to respond to campus emergencies both during and off shift.
2nd shift: Tuesday-Saturday, 4:00PM-midnight
Sundays & Mondays off
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- High School education or equivalency required.
- Must possess a State of RI Refrigeration Journeyman II license.
- Completion of a 4-year course at an approved institution as a Control Mechanic Trainee, or 5 years’ related experience in installation, repair and maintenance of electrical and pneumatic control systems.
- Equivalent vocational or trade school training in control mechanisms may be substituted for up to 2 years’ work experience.
- Must possess own hand tools.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Must maintain required licenses as a condition of employment.
- General responsibilities include responding, evaluating, and executing electronic service requests and maintenance repair work orders including entering accurate records of work performed and materials used into FM’s computerized maintenance management software using mobile technology devices.
- Overall knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical control systems, including the ability to skillfully apply the same.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, e-mail and familiarity with Google Applications.
- Should have Networking knowledge and be able to change IP settings on personal laptop for controller setup.
- Must be able to follow standard procedures, read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to meet and effectively deal with others in the University community.
- Objective bench test and/or field test will be required
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
- Must be physically able to lift and carry 50 pounds unassisted and possess the physical strength to perform strenuous work both indoors and outside.
- Must have the physical ability to walk throughout the campus and to climb stairs throughout the duration of the shift.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, lifts, scaffolding, and staging heights up to 100 feet.
- May be required to have the ability to work in areas needing a respirator
- This position is classified as on-site
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and pre-employment screenings.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Facilities Management and Campus Operations
Facilities Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.