Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for the Athletics Recruiting and Retention Coordinator position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
The primary responsibility for this position will be to assist the Associate AD, Recruiting and Retention in all aspects of prospective student-athlete recruitment, with a primary focus on admission and financial aid processes across thirty-four (34) varsity sport programs at Brown University. This position will work closely with the Associate AD, Recruiting and Retention as well as the Office of College Admission and the Office of Financial Aid to support head coaches in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Job duties will include but are not limited to.
- Clerical data collection, entry, and organization pertaining to prospective student-athletes and the admission and financial aid processes.
- Collaborate on the development of best practices and processes in data collection and reporting and may create and maintain complex spreadsheets, tables, charts, dashboards, and written materials to support high-level decision-making.
- Day-to-day organization and management of prospective student-athlete case files.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of experience or associate degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with collegiate athletics is desired.
- Exceptional verbal communication, writing and editing skills with incredible attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have experience managing complicated assignments with multiple contributors, editors, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, with the energy and dynamism to inspire others and effectively engage internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and manage confidential information with discretion.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background, education, and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test, maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Division), and attend all required divisional and/or NCAA training/education programs.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Coordinator, Athletics Recruiting and Retention
Athletics and Recreation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.