Facilities Management is an exceptionally talented team built from a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality craftsmanship, customer service, and teamwork through sustainable practices and who take pride in supporting the mission of the University and Facilities Management “We Care” principle values.
The Custodian Shift Assistant will assist the Custodial Management Staff in the performance of their duties. Train employees in the proper cleaning techniques and the use of cleaning materials and equipment. Encourage and help assure adherence to safety rules and precautions by assigned personnel. Coordinate the work of shift Building Custodians. Instruct other assigned workers, correct and specify methods. Distribute and receive keys from workers. Carry master keys when instructed to do so by management. Evaluate new cleaning products and equipment and make appropriate recommendations. Maintain established inventory levels for the key station. Order and distribute supplies upon delivery to key stations and established drop off points.
Dining, Saturday – Wednesday 11:00pm – 7:00am
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- High School education or equivalent
- One to Three Years’ experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience in leading others
- Must possess significant knowledge of and be proficient in the operation of all equipment used in performing the custodial function.
- Requires the ability to lead and motivate others
- Must be able to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions and communicate these instructions to others
- Must have possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of custodial standards and practices (SOPs) through previous experience.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders at heights up to 12 feet
- Objective bench test and/or field test will be required
- This position may require Animal Care Facility program certification as necessary.
- The candidate must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Constant walking, climbing of ladders, standing, bending, stretching and lifting of 50 pounds or more.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check and pre-employment physical. Other pre-employment requirements may apply.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Custodial Shift Assistant
Facilities Management and Campus Operations
Facilities Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.