Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty and staff are driven by the idea that their work will have an impact in the world. Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break and a comprehensive. Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts and more. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, visit the University Human Resources web page here for further information.
The Director of Events and Internal Communications is a senior professional who oversees and manages all event planning and coordination for the school. The office oversees and coordinates events for the Dean’s office, Faculty Affairs, Academic Affairs (including Student Services), and any large-scale department or center event. It also provides training and consultation services to departments for smaller-scale event planning, design, and execution. The Director is responsible for maintaining an all-event calendar to coordinate school activities with internal departments and with the university to ensure coordination, consistent messaging, and efficient use of resources. The Director is also responsible for maintaining and coordinating internal school communications from the Dean’s office, Advancement office, Faculty Affairs, Academic Affairs, DEI, and Finance and Administration to the school community. This includes scheduled, routine communication (e.g. the Public Health Pulse) as well as the scheduling and coordination of ad hoc or time-sensitive communication to faculty, staff, and students.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in planning and operating executive-level events and a high level of business, financial, and budgeting skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Highly professional and able to interact successfully with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience providing a high level of customer service
- Organized and experienced enough to oversee multiple events in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to be poised under pressure, flexible with time constraints and changing schedules, and able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to work as a contributing member of a team, work productively and cooperatively with other teams and external customers.
- Requires the ability to present proposals and recommendations clearly, logically, and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
This position is hybrid eligible. All candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification that are satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Director of Events and Internal Communications
School of Public Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.