Perform driver and mail clerk duties as required to pick-up, process and deliver/distribute University mail.
Essential Functions – Driver/Clerk
- Drive one of the two mail trucks, as assigned, to make incoming mail deliveries and outgoing mail pick-ups to departments on the defined delivery routes. At least once per week or as directed, make deliveries and outgoing mail pick-ups to those departments not on the route schedules, that receive heavy or bulky items.
- Deliveries will include all accountable USPS mail (Registered, Express, Certified, Insured) to departments on a scheduled delivery route. Signatures will be obtained at time of delivery and all related recordings of delivery date and signature status will be completed at the conclusion of delivery route.
- Outgoing mail will be separated into three categories (metered, campus, and pre-stamped mail) and placed into three separate postal buckets. Ensure that all collected mail to be metered has the department Metered Mail Card needed for processing
- When fuel is purchased provide all receipts pertaining to fuel purchases. Turn in the associated receipts to the department manager at the end of the day or as directed.
- Drivers must adhere to the policies of no smoking in University vehicles, no talking on cell phones while vehicle is in motion, vehicles are not to be left running and unattended and vehicles must be locked while unattended.
- Drivers will deliver and pick-up mail trucks to/from maintenance and repair facilities.
- Accept mall deliveries from USPS. Bring mail GPMCs, (General Purpose Mail Containers), hampers or any other equipment used for transporting mail, into the mailroom and deliver to an appropriate location for processing.
- Accept common carrier packages from UPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon or any carrier that is determined will be accepted. Common carrier packages must be checked as they are taken off the truck before acceptance to ensure that the delivered packages belong to Brown for distribution.
- Perform package distribution processes including: scanning, shelving, and sending email notifications to recipient.
- Perform, as directed, alt mail processing duties and related functions including but not limited to: operating the meter postage machines, breaking down mail for mailbox distribution, sorting mail in faculty/administration and student mailboxes.
- Provide customer service at the large service window. Obtain information from customers to ascertain location of packages to be delivered. Scan packages delivered when claimed by customers.
- Provide customer service the Student Information window by: distributing packages and mail and any other service that normally occurs al the Student counter.
- Perform any mail service functions necessary as assigned by the Mail Services Manager or Supervisor.
Required Job Qualifications
- Must possess and maintain a valid RI or MA state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function as an effective member of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to work with others in a diverse and busy work environment
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Previous related work experience desired
Candidates please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal and motor vehicle records background check satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services, and Real Estate
Facilities Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.