Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty and staff are driven by the idea that their work will have an impact in the world. Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts and more. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, visit the University Human Resources web page here for further information.
About the Opportunity:
The Educational Media Producer, Editor is a member of a course development team within the Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning whose work focuses on supporting high quality online learning experiences. This position will partner with faculty to bring video and audio stories to life by making structural, creative, and selective editorial decisions.
At the Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning, the successful candidate for this hybrid-eligible position will be joining a team of educational developers with diverse perspectives and experiences who are each committed to educational excellence, equity, and access at Brown. Staff within this vibrant center thrive on interdisciplinary collaboration, genuine curiosity, and evidence-based, reflective practices.
The core responsibilities of the position include assisting with delivering educational media content for graduate courses through post-production tasks (e.g., editing, motion graphics/animations, etc.), and assisting with the visual design and branding of new and existing online and hybrid programs. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge in developing accessible media that is inclusive of diverse, adult audiences, and that reflects the Sheridan Center’s commitment to high-quality, accessible design.
In this role, candidates can expect to:
- Use Adobe video editing software to edit video footage into concise, effective, and engaging videos that incorporate b-roll and other 3rd party resources to enhance messaging.
- Use Adobe motion graphics software to design graphics, illustrations, and titles for motion, and animate them to illustrate concepts, visualize information, and enhance the production value and effectiveness of videos.
- Produce media in various styles depending on subject matter and vision of the program.
- Design visual style guides and templates for new and existing online/hybrid programs and courses.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, including design, media, and technology professionals, to ensure that media is developed on time and in scope.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2-3 years experience in video/audio post-production (editing, motion graphics/animation)
- 1-2 years experience in visual design (graphic design, motion design)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
Applicants are asked to respond to three questions, in lieu of a cover letter, and include them with their CV in a single PDF or Word file:
- Why are you interested in working as a Media Producer, Editor at the Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning?
- What professional experiences would you draw on to fulfill the primary responsibilities for this role, as described in the job posting?
- Please describe 2-3 examples where you have demonstrated one (or more) of the skills listed in the qualifications for this role, as described in the job posting.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, and the successful candidate is expected to work on Brown’s Providence campus for a minimum of two days per week with the flexibility to work remotely on other days. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Educational Media Producer, Editor
Teaching and Learning/Sheridan Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.