The EMS Shift and Operational Support Supervisor is a regular part time position providing shift supervision, direct patient care, and administrative support to Brown EMS clinical and non-clinical operations. The EMS Shift and Operational Support Supervisor is a RI licensed EMT or advanced care practitioner assigned to two clinical shifts per week, one of which must be a day shift. The EMS Shift and Operational Support Supervisor also manages assigned operational areas and delegated projects such as scheduling, inventory control and management, ancillary services and safety initiatives. Additionally, this position engages in regular on shift training exercises, quarterly all corps events, required operational meetings, and continuity of operations during high volume or short staffing operational periods.
Education and Experience
- EMS education through an accredited EMT or advanced level program and an active RI EMT license
- Current BLS Provider CPR certification
- IS 100,200,700 certifications
- EVOC/EVDT or other emergency vehicle driver education
- College level course work in any area
- College degree
- Strong background in volunteer EMS or IHE setting
- RI Licensed EMT or ALS provider with significant/relevant 911 background in State of RI or other local jurisdiction
- Minimum 2 years EMS clinical experience or the equivalent on a 911 or private service, preferably in RI
- Minimum 1 year supervisory or leadership experience in relevant field or demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Experience working with volunteer services or college students preferred
- Strong familiarity with the Brown campus and/or surrounding community
- Proficiency in the delivery of prehospital care with careful adherence to State and National standards and protocols
- Basic or Advanced Life Support skills, highly developed
- Comfort working with Google applications including Sheets, Documents, Forms
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Clean driving record and background check
- Professionalism, maturity, and demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work autonomously while still meeting expectations of carefully outlined SOG
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Additional Information: Please submit a resume and cover letter when applying for this position. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, please visit here for further information.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
EMS Shift and Operational Support Supervisor
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.