The position requires a broad knowledge of the service mission of the department. The coordinator will coordinate all aspects of internal and external communications and will be expected to support the day-to-day administrative functions for events and financial functions of the department by working collaboratively and independently with faculty, staff, and students. The coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for alumni, University and community partners and other constituents with whom the department interacts in accordance with all department and University policies and procedures and utilizing University resources and technology.
Primary responsibilities will include: coordination of all aspects of departmental events, as well as coordinating a departmental plan for public relations in accordance with the department’s diversity and inclusion action plan through publicity, and community outreach to the Brown community, the Greater Providence area, off-site partners and online communities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous work within an arts or humanities related environment and in a role that supports aspects of the following: communications and development; community outreach; events and programming; budgeting and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
- Excellent interpersonal, speaking and writing skills
- Good organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Google Suite, Adobe or other graphic design software, web design and photography a plus
- Knowledge and command of evolving social media platforms
- Ability to prioritize complex and at times competing goals
- Initiative and judgment to independently problem solve
- Ability to work with little supervision and also serve as strong team member
- Ability to manage budgets
- Ability to exercise restraint and discretion in matters that are confidential or otherwise sensitive.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Events and Outreach Coordinator
Department of Modern Culture and Media
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.