An exam proctor oversees students who take required exams to help ensure academic integrity. They monitor that students do not breach exam protocol for the following: ensure that students take exams on appropriate computer with proper software, able to convey test instructions clearly, ensure that students only have water with them during exams, follow proper procedure when taking bathroom breaks and accurately exit the exam, when completed.
- High school diploma/GED required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Resourceful and technically astute to troubleshoot computer issues.
- Computer knowledge
- Effective communicator
- Able to sit for long periods at a time
- Professionalism -a positive ambassador/representative to AMS
- Calm, relaxed demeanor with anxious students. Psychologically and emotionally mature
- Highly responsible for securing and maintaining NBME National testing standards
- Responsible for times and dates
- Resilient enough to be flexible when students call in sick to reschedule
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Warren Alpert Medical School
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.