Reporting to the Associate Dean of Finance & Administration, the Executive Assistant & Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to the Division’s Dean and to the Associate Dean for Finance & Administration while managing significant human resources, and operational processes for the Division.
The Division for Pre-College and Undergraduate Programs is responsible for developing and offering non-credit and credit courses and programs for 6,000+ high school students, as well as Brown University’s undergraduate Summer and Winter Session for Brown undergraduates and visiting students. Students participate in programs on Brown University’s Providence campus, as well as online and in other locations domestically and internationally. Within the Division there are teams of staff who are responsible for marketing, admissions, enrollment, academic content and instructional delivery, student life, finance, human resources, payroll, and the various policies and protocols associated with this work. Staff work closely with colleagues in offices from across the University to ensure success, including the Registrar, Information Technology, University Communications, Student Financial Services, Human Resources, Dining Services, and Facilities Management.
The Executive Assistant & Administrative Coordinator manages the Dean’s and Associate Dean’s calendars and scheduling; coordinates meeting preparation and follow-up, including gathering background materials, preparing meeting materials, and keeping minutes as needed; makes travel arrangements for senior leadership within the Division; assists with special projects and events; maintains staff listings, committee membership across the division, and orders supplies as needed for division staff . The individual is often privy to sensitive and confidential information requiring a high level of professional discretion and judgment.
As an HR Coordinator in Workday, this position is responsible for supporting all regular/professional staff searches, hiring, and onboarding. This position will support the Associate Dean of Finance & Administration to effectively support all HR functions for the division (non-seasonal). They are responsible for search support including maintenance of search materials, scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, requesting ad copy and placement of ads on various job boards, and submission of hiring reports in Workday. The Executive Assistant/Administrative Coordinator is also responsible for managing staff onboarding and offboarding, collaborating when needed with the Director of Systems & Projects, IT Support Consultant and other Operations staff. This position processes all HR transactions for regular staff including time off balance conversions, job audits/promotions, compensation changes, one-time payments, and position classification changes. As Absence Partner, they are the primary point of contact with the Leave Admin team on leaves of absence. As the primary Workday HR Coordinator for the Division, this position also supports the annual performance development process, the Conflict of Interest process, as well as supports the Associate Dean with scheduling HR/Learning opportunities for staff.
This position will collaborate with the Director of Finance & Operations and Manager of Operations Support to ensure that the building operations for the Division are well-maintained and supported and will be a critical member of the PCUG Operations and 225-Dyer-5 Operations functional groups.
Though limited, this position may be required to work some events after business hours or on weekends at Division-related events, i.e., Precollege Check-Ins, College Fair, etc.
Major Responsibilities include:
- As Workday HR Coordinator, primary Divisional HR support for regular staff 50%
- General Administrative Support for Division 25%
- Support the Division’s Dean and Associate Dean for Finance & Administration 15%
- Travel Management for Divisional Leadership 5%
- General Division Support across teams 5%
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Workday preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), including presentation, email, phone plus the ability to maintain confidentiality. Strong interpersonal skills (tact, discretion, and professionalism) are crucial for interaction with a diverse population of individuals.
- Capacity to deal with diverse people interactions and to maintain a warm, friendly, and professional approach
- Develop effective relationships with Managers to promote positive employee relations throughout the division to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Detail-oriented with a strong customer service orientation and high level of accuracy. Team-oriented, collaborative, strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and ability to prioritize task completion.
- Superior computing abilities including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps for Education, spreadsheets, database, and basic technology troubleshooting (primarily AV equipment).
- Strong calendar and meeting management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
BACKGROUND CHECK: All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
**PLEASE NOTE: A complete application is comprised of a cover letter & resume.**
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Executive Assistant & Administrative Coordinator
Pre-College & Undergraduate Programs
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.