The Gift Accounting Coordinator is responsible for gift processing and records maintenance through gift entry processes and demographic information maintenance. The Coordinator will be accountable for the preparation, review, processing, and reporting of donor data from multiple sources both inside and outside the University.
Critical job functions include the research and verification of information related to revenue transactions, the recording of those gifts, and the subsequent tax receipting and acknowledgement processes. Gift Accounting Coordinators are responsible for responding to inquiries pertaining to donor gift records and giving histories for donors, prospect managers, and university staff. Responsible for gift revenue tax receipting processes.
Strict adherence to Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and University gift recording guidelines and standards is required. The coordinator will take the lead on designated projects.
Brown University is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion and equity. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Brown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data processing or a related field such as bookkeeping, accounting, auditing, higher education, nonprofit, fundraising.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills and detail-orientation
- Proficiency in a networked environment with Windows and critical software applications such as email, spreadsheets, word processing, and internet navigation.
- Some experience, understanding and command of procedural work in reference to databases and quality control
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM systems is desired
- Advancement or Higher Ed experience desired
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy.
- Excellent customer service experience and skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with the ability to work effectively both independently and as a productive member of a team
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application. All offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Gift Accounting Coordinator
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.