Performs and maintains skilled grounds work on lawns, bed, landscaping, walks, streets, practice and playing fields and other athletic facilities.
This position is considered essential. Personnel may be required to respond to campus emergencies both during and off shift.
Job Qualifications & Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s experience in landscape maintenance, including the care of gardens and borders, trees, shrubs, turf and general grounds.
- Candidates must possess working knowledge of plant, shrub and tree care and lifecycles with three (3) or more years experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Knowledge of safety rules and precautions by assigned personnel.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to read, write and follow written instructions.
- Additional physical demands and working conditions:
- Must be physically able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolding, and lifts at heights up to 100 feet.
- Must be physically able to walk throughout the campus and to climb stairs for the duration of the work period.
- May be required to have the ability to work in areas needing a respirator.
- This position is classified as on-site.
- Position is subject to pre-employment screenings.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and pre-employment screenings.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Facilities Management and Campus Operations
Facilities Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.