The Division of Athletics & Recreation at Brown University is seeking qualified applicants for the Group Exercise Instructor position. Acting under direct supervision of Fitness and Wellness Manager, the Group Exercise Instructor will provide excellent instruction in a variety of health/fitness formats including but not limited to Pilates, Barre, mind/body style classes, and breathwork classes.
The position will promote the Division’s mission to advance healthy lifestyle choices through participation opportunities, educational experiences & supportive services. The Group Exercise Instructor will serve as a fitness resource for program participants and all Recreation Members to encourage continued class attendance and involvement in Group Fitness Program.
- Develop positive relationships with program participants by teaching variety of challenging and motivating group fitness formats
- Enforce policy & procedure of Dance Studios, Nelson Fitness Center & Group Fitness Program
- Create safe & effective program design
- Organize studio after each Group Exercise class
- Promote Brown Group Fitness promotions, programs, services, & special events
- Motivate Recreation Members to continue involvement with programs & services
- Minimum of one fitness instructor certification(s) through ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NASM or NSCA
- Satisfactory interview/audition demonstrating appropriate safety cues, modifications, progressions, and outstanding presentation skills
- One to two years of relevant experience teaching group fitness or small-group training preferred
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certification (or training/certification course on-site)
- Will be required to work nights/weekends and sub if needed
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Must maintain active certifications throughout employment
Background Check – Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Group Exercise Instructor
Athletics and Recreation
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.