This is a great opportunity to join Brown University office of University Human Resources. The HR Service Center Coordinator will provide outstanding customer service by serving as the point of contact for intermediate level employee inquiries through in person, phone, or email at the HR Service Center. Responsible for assisting new hires, including faculty, staff, and student workers in on-boarding business processes, and ensuring the associated HR data is complete, accurate, and compliant.
This position will provide information on policies, processes, and programs across a broad range of HR topics, including employment, benefits, and payroll. By possessing a comprehensive knowledge of the department’s offerings and policies, the HR Service Center Coordinator will be able to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the HR Service Center.
– Excellent customer service to all faculty, staff and students in person, phone and by email.
– Review and approve employee self-service onboarding in Workday and related business processes to ensure a smooth onboarding of faculty, staff, and students. In addition, review and approve other core employee business processes.
– Audit and monitor HR core data and provide general UHR support.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in an HR customer service role.
- Payroll knowledge a plus.
- Strong organization skills and great attention to detail, a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task, and an ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters and excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
- Experience working with a diverse constituent group.
- Experience with maintaining employment and payroll records in a large system featuring employee and manager self-service such as Workday.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Please include a cover letter in the attachments section when submitting the application materials for this position.
Background check satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
HR Service Center Coordinator
University Human Resources
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.