Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for the Athletics Ice Rink Operations Coordinator position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
Responsible for supervising and supporting all programs and services at the Meehan Auditorium Ice Rink. Work as a team member regarding the overall facility, event and risk management efforts of the Division. Manage the day-to-day operations and general building upkeep. Coordinate the usage of ice for varsity team use, recreational programming, and rentals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year of experience or Associate degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years
- Experience working in facility management with an emphasis in previous experience in ice rink management.
- Ice rink and event management background including understanding of ice maintenance, able to demonstrate best event management practices and facility scheduling.
- Experience with Windows Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as Google calendar, drive & email preferred.
- Familiarity with Daktronics Timing & Game System preferred.
- Must be able to push/pull/lift/etc. 50 pounds.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (verbal & written) & computer skills, necessary
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, alumni, colleagues and the
- Strong commitment to the welfare of student-athletes.
- Ability to independently coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to comply with, NCAA, Ivy League and University rules and regulations.
All division employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the division are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test, maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Division), and attend all required divisional and/or NCAA training/education programs.
Background Check – Criminal, Education, MVR
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Ice Rink Operations Coordinator
Athletics and Recreation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.