The International Medical Exchange Program Coordinator supports the international (incoming and outgoing) visiting medical student program within the Division of Biology and Medicine and the Department of Medicine (DOM). The program coordinator assists visiting international medical students (VIMS) through the application process, placement, and training period and ensures that visiting medical students meet established Warren Alpert Medical School (AMS) and clinical affiliate requirements in coordination with the AMS Office of Records and Registration. The Program Coordinator also serves as a point of contact to assist Brown AMS and PLME students participating in international exchange programs at foreign institutions with which Brown University has an existing Memoranda of Understanding (MOU). This includes support with the application, clearance and onboarding requirements as well as pre-travel preparations and post-travel exit interviews. The Program Coordinator serves as the initial point of contact for all incoming and outgoing VIMS students, supporting students for the duration of their course and triaging student questions or issues to the Global Health Initiative (GHI) director and other relevant faculty and campus services when needed. This position will assist DOM faculty with program operations including recruitment efforts, coordination of application process, training period and post-training support for several DOM/AMS international exchange programs. This position will maintain frequent communication with faculty liaisons during the application process and through the end of the exchange rotation for both incoming and outgoing students.
The Program Coordinator will also assist the Global Health Initiative (GHI) Director in keeping the international medical exchange program Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) up to date and assist with tracking and updating renewals. This position will assist the GHI Director and Administrative Manager with promoting exchange opportunities to AMS students by developing and updating VIMS communications including website, informational slides, reports, social media and targeted AMS/PLME student outreach. This position also helps to support other international-related events managed through the GHI, including coordinating AMS international faculty and delegation visits in collaboration with relevant AMS Brown faculty and members of the Office of Global Engagement.
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of one year from hire, which may be extended based upon available funding.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years’ experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with program management in an academic environment preferred
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse populations required
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills: ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior organization and customer service skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Google Docs
- Maintain meticulous attention to detail and a high degree of coordination with various offices at Brown, affiliated hospitals and international exchange partner schools
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision, effectively prioritize work, multi-task, and easily adjust to changing work priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, focus and follow-through to be able to juggle multiple competing priorities while maintaining accuracy and follow-through
- Maintain tact, patience, diplomacy and sensitivity when dealing with students from another country
- Ability to perform job duties with persistence and tenacity to ensure that the applicants complete the required documents and meet their training requirements in a timely manner
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
International Medical Exchange Program Coordinator
Global Health Initiative
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.