The Population Studies and Training Center (PSTC) at Brown University is seeking a Lead Data Analyst to work with Professor Elizabeth Fussell (PSTC (Research)) on several projects involving the analysis of data on the health and mobility outcomes of disaster-affected populations. The Lead Data Analyst will participate in data management, statistical analysis, assist with grant proposals, manuscript production for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and presentations at scientific conferences. Publications stemming from the designated research projects may be co-authored with Prof. Fussell and other co-investigators.
This 25 hour a week position is 100% grant funded and is a fixed-term position (until September 30, 2025) . There is the possibility of renewal, depending on funding source.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 to 7 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in Statistics, Health, or Social Sciences, preferred.
- Experience in Stata required, SAS or R preferred.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Effective at communicating with interdisciplinary audiences whose technical backgrounds vary widely.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge and experience in design and construction of databases with SAS.
- Experience analyzing and managing large complex data sets
- Highly proficient in statistical software packages (e.g., Stata and SAS or R)
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Lead Data Analyst
Population Studies and Training Center
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.