- Read, write and communicate in English to accomplish the duties and responsibilities required of this position.
- Preferable to have qualified candidates who are also able to communicate verbally in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Mathematical ability to count, take inventory and refresh supplies.
- Possess a willingness to promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Can accomplish all tasks of Food Service Worker category.
- Sufficient mechanical ability to perform minor maintenance of assigned equipment and accurately recommend repairs.
- Able to teach all skills of Food Service Worker categories emphasizing sanitation and safety.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in the prioritizing, assigning and monitoring of tasks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit, bend; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl use hands to finger, handle, slice, dice, chop, or feel objects, knives, tools or controls on kitchen equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; smell, talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Push and/or pull carts weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must consistently utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Brown Dining Services guidelines
- Must wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
- Ability to tolerate heat and cold temperatures.
Performs and leads others in a variety of tasks related to the support and service of food to customers.
Typical tasks and demonstrated skills may include but are not limited to:
- Complete knowledge of the tasks, related equipment, and department standards for the positions of Food Service Worker and Cashier-Checker-Clerk.
- Prioritizes tasks and timeframes for completion.
- Assigns tasks to assigned personnel.
- Trains, monitors, supports, and works with assigned personnel to assure timely completion of tasks.
- Assures availability of supplies and equipment to accomplish tasks.
- Reports malfunction of equipment and its status.
- Assures department standards are known and followed in task performance.
- Is aware of and sets up areas for special functions.
- Maintains assigned areas and assures security of funds, materials, equipment and space.
- Consistently displays working leader skills.
- Discusses any problem in task accomplishment with immediate supervisor.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed professional appearance.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
This position works 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
All offers of employment are contingent upon records check satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Lead Food Service Worker
Dining Services Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.