The Manager of Research Management Support is responsible for managing the Research Management Support team, which is a critical interface between the central office of sponsored programs and faculty. This office supports faculty in applying for sponsored programs and successfully executing sponsored awards. The Research Management Support Manager oversees, provides, and coordinates supplemental expertise and support for faculty and departments in the areas of proposal preparation, responding to proposal review, and award reporting for research-related sponsored programs.
This position is hybrid-eligible.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience plus 5 years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of sponsored project funding; working knowledge of sponsored project accounting and reporting functions; working knowledge of the award life cycle; experience with external audits.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly analyze and assess complex and sometimes contradictory requirements and solve for compliance.
- Able to use resources provided to develop an exceptional practical knowledge base.
- Ability to gain trust and provide accurate and helpful information in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty, and staff are driven by the idea that their work will impact the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break, and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts, and more.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Manager of Research Management Support
Office of the Dean of the Faculty
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.