The Marketing Copywriter in Brown’s Office of University Communications (OUC) develops, writes and edits copy and content for multichannel marketing communications campaigns and projects that sustain and build the University’s global engagement among a range of constituents.
Reporting to the Marketing Editorial Manager and Copywriter, the Marketing Copywriter edits and produces compelling content for social media posts, web pages, apps, video scripts, email marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, infographics, print collateral and more in alignment with the University’s priorities, messaging strategies and marketing communications goals supporting academic and administrative units at Brown.
The Marketing Copywriter works collaboratively within an integrated University Communications operation of more than 40 marketing and communications professionals to deliver cohesive marketing strategies and high-quality deliverables that integrate content strategy and editorial development, visual identity and multiplatform visual design, multimedia, digital and social media advertising, web and digital communications strategy and front-end development.
1. The Marketing Copywriter conducts project research and writes and edits copy for enterprise and fee-for-service campus partners.
2. The Marketing Copywriter assists with the development of cross-channel content strategies.
3. The Marketing Copywriter provides video production support and content development.
4. The Marketing Copywriter participates in relevant University-wide activities and keeps current on best practices and trends through professional development opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Required: bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years of demonstrated success in writing for web pages, email marketing, social media, video, digital advertising, etc., or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success leveraging emerging technologies to meet marketing communications goals
- Experience navigating and complying with laws and statutes governing privacy, copyright, fair use and other areas of intellectual property as it pertains to distributing content
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in using technology and digital tools to meet communications and project management goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire other communicators
- Ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- Broad interest in and understanding of higher education
- A strong eye for detail in written and spoken language and experience following Associated Press (AP) Style and other editorial style guides
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Please include a cover letter in the attachments section when submitting an application.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Office of University Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.