The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the health care team at Health Services that serves the diverse student population at Brown. The MA is responsible for the intake and preparation of patients, assisting medical providers, performing waived tests, stocking, cleaning (per infection control protocols), scheduling appointments(internal/external), and performing office duties including release of information, faxing, scanning, copying, filing, referrals and referral tracking.
This is a 30-hour/week, 12-month/year position. Rotation to one evening shift (10:30a-7p) per week and weekends may be required.
Education and Experience
- Certification from a Medical Assistant training program or equivalent including training in medical and office assisting.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Clinical experience in an ambulatory setting.
- CPR certification.
- Minimum one-year medical office experience preferred.
Indicate the essential job competencies. Competencies are required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job successfully.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse population required; experience working with diverse student populations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in and support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Orientation towards quality customer service necessary.
- Computer efficiency and experience with EHR preferred.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Additional Information: Please submit a resume and cover letter when applying for this position. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, please visit here for further information.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.