The Operations & Administrative Coordinator (SAS) provides coordination and oversight of SAS’s daily operations, including staff and space calendars, communicating with and scheduling student intake meetings, data collection and tracking, supervision of signature departmental operations, internal and external departmental communications, management of program budgets and purchases, and supervision of student office coordinators. The person in this position plays a critical role in cultivating an inclusive and welcoming Brown campus community environment as the initial point of contact for disabled students, parents, faculty, and staff. This position provides office management for the department, administrative support to SAS staff, and information sharing across a broad constituency and diversity of situations including assessing initial response and support for those with temporary and permanent disabilities and a diversity of intersectional identities.
The position requires regular and ongoing collaboration across the Brown University community with diverse multidisciplinary teams of colleagues including the other four Health & Wellness departments (BWell Health Promotion, Counseling & Psychological Services, EMS & Health Services), Campus Life departments, Department of Public Safety, Facilities Management, and Human Resources. This position will work with these departmental colleagues to actively promote diversity and social justice through critical and compassionate communications and understanding.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience required.
- 1-2 years of related experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of accessibility / disability policies, laws, regulations, and best practices in higher education preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite are required. Ability to learn new technology systems (e.g. Clockwork) and ability to produce reports required.
- Experience with graphic arts software and programs such as Canva
- Experience with Qualtrics or other data collection software preferred
- Experience with Clockwork and Banner or other client scheduling and records software preferred
- Independent thinker with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills; ability to multi-task required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills in a team setting and on an individual basis.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population with intersectionality of identities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences in learning.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Additional Information: Please submit a resume and cover letter when applying for this position. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, please visit here for further information.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Operations & Administrative Coordinator
Student Accessibility Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.