Facilities Management is an exceptionally talented team built from a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality craftsmanship, customer service, and teamwork through sustainable practices and who take pride in supporting the mission of the University and Facilities Management “We Care” principle values.
The Payroll and TDI Coordinator will oversee the timely administration of all time and attendance obligations that are submitted to Payroll for the Facilities Management Department. Review, research and reconcile weekly and bi-weekly timecards for over 400 union and non-union (non-exempt) employees and students using Workday (WD) and Planon, among other software. Collaborate with management across FM department to ensure compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Brown policies, and other state and federal laws. Utilizes a variety of reports to identify potential areas of discrepancies, and proactively resolves them. Investigate and address other unforeseen problems, seeking consultation with other areas (such as Human Resources, Payroll, etc.) as appropriate. Directly responsible for pay components related to all leaves of absence (LOA), such as through the processing of supplement pay or paid time off. Works collaboratively and maintains timely communication with managers and other departments to ensure appropriate processing of timecards related to employees on a leave of absence. Perform all accounting aspects of Payroll, including reconciliation reporting and analysis and other duties as assigned. Serve as the key point person for assigned units, and runs monthly and ad hoc reports.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Payroll processing experience in both a union and non-union environment required
- Has ownership of work and makes independent decisions
- Familiarity with an integrated work management system and/or HR system preferred
- Financial analysis skills
- Working knowledge of information technology (experience with integrations preferred)
- Must be proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Platforms and database programs
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines of FLSA, FMLA and RIFMLA ; maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work within broad policies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Sufficient depth and breadth of knowledge to correct and train others who perform varied tasks
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to use good judgment and make sound business decisions
- Use of judgment is required in making higher-level decisions and initiating creative work product
- Independently perform or manage complex work requiring the use of judgment and discretion involving relatively significant matters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation
- Strong organization/time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Solid institutional values
- Commitment to Diversity
- Responsible, dependable, and able to follow through on issues to completion
- Commitment to teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
Position is classified as hybrid-eligible.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background check and education requirements.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Payroll and TDI Coordinator
Facilities Management and Campus Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.