The Division of Athletics & Recreation at Brown University is seeking qualified applicants for the Personal Trainer position. Acting under direct supervision of Fitness and Wellness Manager, the Personal Trainer will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the health/fitness field to best serve the student population & Recreation Members. The Personal Trainer will conduct fitness assessments to develop appropriate exercise prescription and to evaluate training program.
The position will promote the Division’s mission to advance healthy lifestyle choices through participation opportunities, educational experiences & supportive services. The Personal Trainer will serve as a fitness resource for clients and all Recreation Members to encourage continued involvement in the Personal Training Program.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop positive relationships with clientele by educating, coaching and motivating
- Enforce policy & procedure of Dance Studios Nelson Fitness Center & Personal Training Program
- Create safe & effective program design
- Organize studio, fitness areas and/or Personal Training Evaluation Room after each training session
- Promote Brown Personal Training promotions, programs, services, & special events
- Motivate Recreation Members to continue involvement with programs & services
- Provide equipment orientations and facility tours to Members when needed
- Minimum of one personal training certification(s) through ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NASM or NSCA
- Satisfactory interview/practical demonstrating appropriate safety cues, modifications, progressions, and outstanding presentation skills
- One to two years of relevant experience training preferred
- First Aid, CPR & AED Certification (or training/certification course on-site)
- Will be required to work nights/weekends and sub if needed.
- Must maintain active certifications throughout employment
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Background Check – Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Athletics and Recreation
Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.