This position’s primary responsibility will be to manage special projects for the Rhode Island IDeA CTR grant, Advance‐CTR. The incumbent will work closely with the Administrative Director to manage the development, implementation and evaluation of six linked federal grant projects/programs that support and educate clinical translational researchers in Rhode Island. The incumbent plays a key role as a member of a centralized Administrative Core that acts as a service hub to facilitate collaboration and coordination of clinical translational research across institutional boundaries. The incumbent is responsible for Project Management of Advance‐CTR Service Cores which includes biostatistics and biomedical informatics initiatives, and in implementing alternate strategies to ensure continuous improvement. The Project Manager also serves an integral role in the financial and accounting operations of the Advance‐CTR Service Cores. The Project Manager will provide supervision to the Advance‐CTR Service Core Support Staff.
This is a fixed term position with a current end date of 7/31/2026, which may be extended based upon available funding.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree
- 5‐7 years’ experience in grant project management, preferably in an academic/medical research environment.
- Experience with electronic tracking and data acquisition, and interpretation and presentation of results.
- Experience in project or program evaluation is preferred.
- Experience with Workday and COEUS is preferred.
- Knowledge of NIH and other Federal requirements and policies is preferred.
- Must be a team player with a strong service-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECKS REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
BioMed Clinical Affairs
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.