- Able to read and write English
- Accuracy in counting, weighing and recording data
- Good basic math skills as they relate to converting inventory proportions
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Familiarity with quality standards and defined product specifications
- Organized and methodical in approach; able to prioritize work tasks and assignments
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Possess a willingness to promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
- Able to function as an effective member of a team
- Neat in appearance and professional in manner
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Experience driving a box or similar-size truck
- Physical capability to load, unload and store goods and materials
- Ability to perform light maintenance on delivery vehicles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit, bend; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl use hands to finger, handle, slice, dice, chop, or feel objects, knives, tools or controls on kitchen equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; smell, talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Push and/or pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must consistently utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Brown Dining Services guidelines
- Frequently moves about campus to various locations for catered events.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather.
- Ability to tolerate heat and cold temperatures.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the receiving, transport, and storage of food and other goods. Is responsible for securing and issuing all goods, materials and equipment for UFS. Performs a variety of tasks related to the timely and effective delivery of commissary goods and food and supplies for catered events.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observes proper receiving procedures. This includes checking quantities against purchasing requisitions and refusing deliveries which do not meet established criteria for quality, quantity, wholesomeness, adherence to specifications, proper temperatures, etc.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any discrepancies before signing for items.
- Assures security and proper storage of all goods at all times.
- Assures that all items entering and leaving any storage or refrigeration area have been documented according to defined procedures.
- Rotates stock when putting away inventory.
- Promptly puts up stock orders and notifies requisitioner when orders are ready and if any items are missing. Informs Purchasing Manager or Lead Receiver when supplies run low or become depleted.
- Assures security, orderliness and cleanliness of all storage, receiving and trash removal areas.
- Prepares areas for and assists in taking inventory as assigned.
- Transports goods in a timely and sanitary manner. Assures equipment and product are not damaged during transport.
- Operates delivery vehicles properly and safely while observing all local laws, ordinances and policies of the University.
- Assures security of vehicles and their contents at all times.
- Prior to loading orders on trucks, checks them against requisitions and function sheets to ensure accuracy and completeness. Assists in setting up functions if necessary. Picks up completed functions and retrieves all equipment sent out. Unloads function supplies and distributes items in proper locations (i.e. trash to trash disposal area, equipment and supplies to catering prep area, soiled urns to urn sink, and dirty dishes, which individual neatly stacks, to dish room).
- Observes all safety, sanitation and security standards of the department.
- Is courteous and helpful to customers.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and wears designated uniform.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal record check and MVR check satisfactory to Brown University.
This position works 40 hours per week, 41 weeks per year with 11 consecutive weeks off during the summer.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Receiver/Light Truck Driver
Dining Services Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.