This position will provide an advanced level of direct administrative support for three or more frontline major gift fundraisers and will support regional engagement efforts. This position will handle most administrative duties, which include but are not limited to, meeting/travel arrangements, gift/pledge recording accuracy, high-level correspondence and briefings, proposal pipeline maintenance, filing and phone coverage, research, event support, as well as technical and logistical support to the fundraisers. This position is also responsible for most information technology tasks and functions in support of the fundraisers. This position will also work cooperatively with other development associates and fundraising staff within Brown’s Division of Advancement.
This position can be located in either the Providence, RI, or California area.
Brown University is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Brown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field such as fundraising, higher education, nonprofits, sales, customer service, volunteer management, and/or marketing
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, given the nature of the satellite office.
- Must have a degree of computer proficiency and Information Management Skills
- Experience in a higher-education, fundraising or non-profit setting
- Strong project/time management skills
- Knowledge of BSR Advance and Blackbaud
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), including experience/ability to identify and emphasize diverse perspectives in programming, communications, and strategy. Must be detail-oriented and can handle and complete multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, FileMaker Pro databases, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application. All offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Regional Development Associate
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.