The purpose of this position is to recruit and work with participants for research studies within the Hassenfeld Child Health Innovation Institute.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Project Managers and other Research Assistants, as well as the Principal Investigators. Job-related activities include, but not are limited to: Assist the research studies Project Coordinators and Principal Investigators in: a) conducting study-related formative research, b) recruiting study participants; c) screening for eligibility, consenting eligible participants, and scheduling participant appointments; d) conducting initial enrollment survey and follow-up surveys; e) following up with participants, as needed; and g) compiling and entering data into project databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, or related field is preferred but not required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Undergraduate coursework in research methods
- 1+ years’ experience relevant work experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred
- Experience with survey and database software, such as Qualtrics or Redcap, preferred
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Experience working in human subjects research, preferred.
- Strong software proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with willingness to learn and utilize new software applications as needed (e.g. Redcap, Qualtrics).
- Proven ability to work effectively manage a caseload of participants, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines for administrative work.
- Ability to compile and enter data accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, high level of professionalism and organization required
- Efficient time management skills
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
All candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification that are satisfactory to Brown University.
This is a fixed-term position with a current end date of 10/01/2024, which may be extended based upon available funding.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Hassenfeld Child Health Innovation Institute
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.