The Senior Biostatistician will use their technical and managerial skills to help facilitate the design, conduct, management, and analysis of projects and clinical trials conducted in the Center for Gerontology and Heath Care Research by taking a leadership role in project operations in conjunction with Principal Investigators. As such, they provide study design, supervision, programming, analysis, and reporting support.
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or epidemiology or relevant field required. Knowledge of the US Healthcare System.
- 6 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
- Advanced SAS programming knowledge, skills and experience.
- Proficiency in R and SQL highly desirable; Proficiency in SPSS or Stata will be helpful, but is not necessary.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Creation of charts & graphs using Microsoft Excel and Power Point, and analysis of data.
- Knowledge of the health care system
- Experience analyzing and managing large complex data sets, including health care claims (commercial and/or CMS)
- Advanced data management and analysis abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgement and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Leadership and supervision experience preferred.
Additional physical demands and working conditions: Hybrid Eligible
All candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification that are satisfactory to Brown University.
This full-time fixed-term position has an end-date of 9/30/26 and may be extended based on the availability of grant funding.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
School of Public Health Office of Finance and Administration
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.