Brown’s Division of Biology and Medicine – composed of The Warren Alpert Medical School and the Program in Biology – is home to numerous centers of excellence in education, biomedical research, and clinical care. The Division is large and diverse employing over 2500 tenure track and clinical faculty across the medical school, 5 biology departments, 2 hybrid departments, and 14 clinical departments. The Division is affiliated with seven diverse teaching hospitals in and around Providence. There are approximately 125 gift funds, 350 endowments, and 550 commitments.
Reporting to the Director of BioMed Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst serves as a financial manager for the commitments, endowments, and gifts portfolio (over $350m) within the Division. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the precise tracking, monitoring and financial management of all commitments and management of endowments and gifts within the Division, including budget, funds flow/reconciliation and forecasting. This position will deliver exceptional service in terms of financial management, development of the operational budgets, and implementation of changes as they occur in the programs.
The Senior Financial Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert around commitments and donor funds. The position will understand the financial capacity within each gift/endowment and commitment, while maintaining a broader understanding of the finances at the Divisional level.
Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 3 years’ of accounting/budget/finance experience and/or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Relevant experience with accounting and financial data with computerized budget/accounting systems required;
- High level of experience and proficiency in developing spreadsheets and using databases for analysis and operational support required;
- Fund accounting experience preferred;
- Experience working in an academic medical school a plus but not required;
- Experience with Workday a plus but not required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Critical thinking and strategic mindset when interpreting term sheets and other agreements.
- Detail-oriented and accuracy-focused.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Impeccably organized.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excel and database skills.
Criminal and education background check required.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Senior Financial Analyst
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.